Link building is the bedrock of SEO. Every successful SEO campaign is a result of effective link building. In order to rank high on search engines like Google, you need to get other sites to link back to you. By doing this, Google will see your site as popular and reward you with high rankings.
In this article, let me share with you some tips to get tons of back links for your site and boost its rankings on Google:
- Article submission. You can write articles about what the product or service that you provide and submit your articles to popular directories like EzineArticles. Once your articles get approved and published, you will get back links and traffic. If your articles are well-written, other websites may pick up your articles and publish them on their web pages. This will further increase the number of back links you to your website.
- Press release submission. Write a professional press release and submit it to PR directories like PRWeb. Your press release will be syndicated and published on a number of other press release directories, increasing the number of back links to your site.
- Comment on blogs. Visit blogs and comment on the posts that you find interesting. You should never spam the blogs by posting unconstructive comments. Respects the owners of the blogs and post something useful. This will also help to get your comments approved and published.
- Post in forums. Join some forums that are related to your industry and participate actively. Post replies in thread and contribute to the community. This will get you more back links, as well as traffic too.
- Social book marking. Submit your web pages to popular social book marking sites like Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon, etc. If your story is interesting, you will get tons of traffic too.
- Place your website URL under the profile of your social networking sites. Social networking sites like Facebook, Linkedin, MySpace and Friendster have high PageRank which will increase the link popularity of your website.
- Place your website URL on the Twitter profile page. Unless you are living in a cave, you should have heard of Twitter. If you don’t have a Twitter account, I strongly advise you to create one now.
- Submit your website to directories. Some popular directories are DMOZ, Yahoo! Directory, BOTW, etc. You should submit your website to a list of search engine friendly directories to gain more back links.
Cheow Yu Yuan is the co-founder of OOm, an online marketing agency that specializes in search engine marketing.
Find out more about Search Engine Marketing at http://www.optimalonlinemarketing.com/